- Parent Category: Lower-Intermediate Skill Builders
- Category: Lower-Intermediate Skill Builders: Speaking
- Written by Chris Cotter
Discuss or debate the questions below. Remember to support your answers!
- Are you a maniac about sports? Why/not?
- Do you play sports now? If yes, which sports do you play? How often do you play them? Please talk with a partner for as long as you can.
- Did you play sports when you were younger? If yes, which sports did you play? How often did you play them? Please talk with a partner for as long as you can.
- Have you ever gone to a big sporting event? If yes, please talk about it for a few minutes with your partner.
- Would you want to go to a big, international sporting event like the Olympics? Why/not?
- What is your favorite sport to play? Why do you like it?
- What is your favorite sport to watch? Why do you like it?
- How often do you watch sports on TV? Which sports do you usually watch?
- Who is your favorite athlete of all time? Why do you like him/her?
- Who is the best athlete in the world today? Why do you think so?
- Who is the best athlete in (sport) today? Why do you think so?
- What is the strangest sport you have ever seen? Why was it so strange?
- What sport do you really hate? Why do you hate it?
- Have you ever wanted to play a sport professionally? If yes, which sport?
- Do you think that athletes get paid too much money?
- Does your country have any unique sports? If yes, please explain.
- Rank the following sports in order, from most interesting to watch to least interesting:
5) American football
- Rank the following sports in order, from most interesting to play to least interesting:
4) running a marathon
5) ping pong
- Which sport is the most popular in the world?
- Finish this sentence: Sports are...