- Parent Category: Lower-Intermediate Skill Builders
- Category: Lower-Intermediate Skill Builders: Speaking
- Written by Chris Cotter
Discuss or debate the questions below. Remember to support your answers!
- Do you like your job? Why do you like it? (Or why don't you like it?)
- Is your job easy or difficult? Please explain.
- Is money more important than job satisfaction? Please explain.
- When you were younger, did you have a part-time job? What was it?
- What do you do?
- What do you want to do in the future? What job don't you want to do?
- Why did you start to work at your company? Please explain.
- Why did you start to work in your field? Please explain.
- What is the world's most boring job? How about the most interesting job? How about the most dangerous job? Please explain.
- What is the worst job you have ever had? Why was it so terrible?
- What do you think about people who refuse to work?
- What do you think about starting your own company? Would you want to do it? Why/not?
- Would you like to retire young? If yes, what would you do?
- Would you want to start your own company? Why/not?
- Have you ever been fired? If yes, what happened?
- Have you ever quit a job? If yes, why did you quit?
- Which jobs would you want to try? Rank the following jobs from best to worst:
2) English teacher
3) CEO of a large, multinational company
4) President or Prime Minister
- Which job is more difficult, housewife or department manager? How much should each job get paid?
- How many times should a person change their careers?
- Which jobs do you think are unnecessary? Why do you think so? Please explain your answer.