- Parent Category: Lower-Intermediate Skill Builders
- Category: Lower-Intermediate Skill Builders: Speaking
- Written by Chris Cotter
Discuss or debate the questions below. Remember to support your answers!
- Do you worry about the environment? Please explain.
- Do people care about the environment in your country? Why/not?
- Has the world changed at all because of global warming?
- Do you think the world will be better or worse in fifty years? Why?
- What is the environment? Please write a definition with your partner.
- What is global warming? Please write a definition with your partner.
- What have you heard about the environment and/or global warming recently?
- What are some things you do that harm the environment? Which is the worst? Please explain.
- What are some things you do that help the environment? Which is the worst? Please explain.
- How many plastic bottles have you used this week? Is this too much?
- How many times have you driven in a car this week? Is this too much?
- How many flights have you taken this year? Is this too much?
- Are you a litterbug? Why do/don't you think so?
- Are you a tree hugger? Why do/don't you think so?
- Have you ever given money to environmental groups like Greenpeace? Why/not?
- Why are these bad for the environment? Discuss with your partner:
1) plastic bags
- Many people think that it's inconvenient or difficult to protect the environment. What do you think?
- What do you think Mother Nature would say to humankind? Why do you think so?
- If you made a slogan to protect the environment, what would it say?
- What does this mean?: We borrow the Earth from our children. Please explain.