- Parent Category: Lower-Intermediate Skill Builders
- Category: Lower-Intermediate Skill Builders: Speaking
- Written by Chris Cotter
Discuss or debate the questions below. Remember to support your answers!
- If you could do your hobby every day, would you want to? Why/not?
- Does your hobby help you relax? If yes, how does it help you relax?
- Would you like to try something dangerous, like skydiving? How about rock climbing? Why/not?
- Would you like to try something quiet, like chess? Why/not?
- What is your hobby? (Or what are your hobbies?)
- How often do you do you hobby? Is this enough? Please explain.
- How did you become interested in your hobby? Please explain.
- What were your hobbies when you were younger?
- What hobby or activity would you want to try someday? Why do you want to try it?
- What hobby or activity would you definitely never want to try someday? Why don't you want to try it?
- Rank the following hobbies from most interesting to least interesting:
1) mountain climbing
2) watching movies
3) learning a language
5) building model airplanes, cars, robots, etc.
Why did you choose this order? Please explain.
- What will you do this weekend?
- Does your best friend, boy/girlfriend, or husband/wife have the same hobbies as you?
- Can you think of any strange hobbies? Why are these hobbies strange?
- Do you have any embarrassing hobbies? If yes, do you want to talk about them?
- What would you like to try before you die? Please explain.
- What have you tried but didn't like? Please explain.
- What do hobbies and interests tell about a person?
- What do your hobbies and interests tell about you?
- Imagine how your hobbies would change if you had $10,000,000. Please explain.